Dua When Wearing New Clothes Arabic:
اَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰہِ الَّذِیْ کَسَانِیْ مَآاُوَارِیْ بِہ عَوْرَتِیْ وَاَتَجَمَّلُ بِہ فِیْ حَیَاتِیْ ۔
Wearing New Clothes Dua Translation Urdu
تمام خوبیاں اللہ عزوجل کے لئے جس نے مجھ کو یہ کپڑا پہنایا اور میری قوت و طاقت کے بغیر مجھ کو عطا فرمایا۔
All praise belongs to Allah who adorned me with clothing by which I cover (hide) my private areas and by which I obtain beauty in my life.
What is the DUA that you say when you wear new cloth?
Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee kasaanee haathaa (aththawba) wa razaqaneehi min ghayri hawlim-minnee wa laa quwwatin.
Etiquette of dressing in Islam
- You should wear a dress that covers and protects your body and meets the requirements of modesty, honor, and virtue.
Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:
“O children of Adam! We have sent unto you raiments to conceal your shame and to serve as protection and adornment.”
Of course, the dress’s purpose is to lend beauty and grace and serve as protection against climatic effects, but the foremost use of dress is to cover the body’s private parts.
You should also make sure that your dress, besides affording adequate protection against climatic conditions, should also be such that it should lend an aura of grace, elegance, and culture to your personality.
- While putting on clothes, you should keep in mind that dress is a blessing which Allah has conferred on man only. It has been denied to all other living creatures. Offer thanks to Allah for this special favor and blessing.
- You should wear a dress of the kind that the Shari’ah has prescribed for the believers, which does not display arrogance or pride, which does not lend a feminine air to men or a masculine appearance.
- Put on a new dress with feelings of joy. Give some name to it when you don new apparel and acknowledge Allah’s generosity and blessing.
- Take care to put on the dress with the right side first be it a right arm in the sleeve or right foot in pants and shoes. While taking off the boots, make sure to remove the left one first.