Ayatul Kursi is regarded as the most excellent verse of the Quran according to hadith. This verse is considered one of the most powerful in the Quran because when it is recited, the greatness of God is believed to be confirmed. Reciting the verse after every prayer is thought to grant entry to paradise. The most powerful verse in the Quran is Ayatul Kursi. It is found in the second chapter of Surah Al-Baqarah, the 255th verse, and talks about how power and knowledge of Allah Almighty encompass everything. In this article we discuss the benefits and importance of Ayatul kursi in detail.
Ayatul kursi in Arabic text
اللهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
Ayat ul kursi transliteration:
Allahu la ilaha illaHuwa, Al-Haiyul-Qaiyum La ta’khudhuhu sinatunwa la nawm, lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil-‘ard Man dhal-ladhi yashfa’u ‘indahu illa bi-idhnihi Ya’lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum, wa la yuhituna bi shai’im-min ‘ilmihi illabimasha’aWasi’a kursiyuhu s-samawati walard, wa la ya’uduhu hifdhu huma WaHuwal ‘Aliyul-Adheem.
English translation of Ayat ul kursi
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
“Allah! There is no god but He – the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they encompass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend over the heavens and on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding and preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory).”
Importance of reading Ayat ul Kursi:
Ayatul kursi has lot of significance. We can confirm importance and significance or Fazilat of Ayatul kursi through following points:
- First, it demonstrates how Allah’s power extends throughout the heavens and the earth.
- It guards against a variety of threats. Ayatul kursi is a natural remedy for a variety of ailments and diseases. It serves as a protector for those who are afraid. This is most powerful verse which explains why we should put our faith in Allah.
- Surah Al-Baqarah contains the Ayatul Kursi (verse255). It is the Quran’s most important Ayah. According to Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.). It’s one of the four Quranic parts connected to Arsh (Allah’s Throne). The significance of the Ayatul-Kursi can be invoked from these sayings of prominent holy personalities:
Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) said:
“Whoever recites the first 4 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last 3 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Shaitaan will not come near him and he will not forget the Quran.”
Narrated by Abu Umaamah (RA) that the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلمُ) said:
“Whoever reads “Ayatul-Kursi” after every obligatory prayer, nothing prevents him from entering Paradise except death (i.e. that he is still alive).”
(An-Nasaa’ee, Ibn Hibbaan – Sahih)
Hazrat Ali (R.A) said:
“The Ayahs leader of Quran Kareem is Ayatul Kursi.”
Hazrat Ibn Masood (R.A.) said:
“It doesn’t matter if you’re in the air or on the ground, in Jannat or Jahannam, Allah the Lofty created nothing loftier than Ayatul Kursi”
Hazrat Askee Baqri reported that Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) came to the abode of the Muhajireen when one person asked, “In the Quran Kareem which is the loftiest Ayat?” Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) repeated,
Benefits of reciting Ayatul kursi:
There are following virtues and benefits of reciting Ayatul kursi:
- Allah Almighty told Hazrat Musa (A.S):
“If one recites Ayatul kursi after every namaz, the Almighty will make his heart a thankful one (Shakireen), will give him a reward of the Prophets, and his deeds will be like those of the truthful (Siddiqeen) and nothing except death will stop will stop him from going into heaven.”
- If you recite Ayatul kursi, Allah will send 70,000 angels o encircle and protect you from all dangerous sides when you leave your house.
- It will keep poverty away from you if you pray it every time you enter your house, and Allah will continue to provide abundantly for you.
- When you’re alone at home, reciting Ayatul Kursi and asking Allah for assistance will help you stay calm. Your fear goes away.
- If you recite Ayatul kursi after carrying out Wudu, then it will raise your ajar by 70 times in the ranks of Allah.
- If you recite Ayatul kursi before sleeping, then an angel will be appointed to protect you for the whole night.
- After any Fardh (obligatory) Salah, if it prayed, then the only thing preventing you from entering paradise is death.
- If Ayatul kursi is prayed, this will help increase his memory and strengthen it if it’s weak.
- Our Holy Prophet (SAWW) has said:
“These things increase ones memory; sweets, meat of an animal near the neck, Adas(Lentils), cold bread and recitation of Ayatul Kursi.”
- When we recite Ayatul Kursi and send it to the souls who passed away as Hadiya, then it gives them light (Noor) in their grave.
- If you recite Ayatul kursi once before leaving the house, the Almighty Allah will send a group of Angels to protect you. If this is done twice, two groups of Angels will be assigned to it. Finally, when recited three times, Allah tells the Angels not to be concerned because the Almighty himself will look after the person (Subhan Allah).
The Holy Quran is a complete code of Islamic law. We should strive to adhere to the guidelines laid out in the Holy Quran. Every Muslim should memorize and recite Ayatul Kursi as much as possible. Ayatul Kursi is a blessing from Allah Almighty that can help us avoid all forms of evil in this world. Let’s start recitation of Ayatul Kursi from today to achieve its blessing and virtues.
Ayat ul Kursi Benefits Infographic